Christmas in Florida and then off to Africa!
Greetings from Florida as we prepare to travel to East Africa for most of January and February. We had a wonderful time at Christmas with our daughters, their husbands, Bob’s Mom and James by Skype!
2010 was a busy year for Ellen and I and 2011 promises to be no different.
Off to Africa
We will start the year off with a trip to Kenya and Tanzania, leaving January 9th. The first week in Kenya we will visit friends in our former
places of ministry in and near Eldoret.
The original purpose and my main reason for going is to oversee an ECHO East Africa Symposium in Arusha, Tanzania which will take place February 8th through 11th.
Ellen will be helping with an AIM Africa-based orientation before the symposium and an AIM seminar the week after the symposium. And then instead of coming straight home the last week of February she will go to Pearl River, NY for US candidate week.
Backing up a bit, we welcomed Stephen and Ginny back from Sudan just in time for Christmas. Elliott and Becky joined us from St. Louis and my Mom came down from North Florida. We enjoyed a great time together here in North Fort Myers and included James via Skype for a few minutes. They are all now scattered across the globe:
- Mom back at home near Gainesville
- James now has a place to call home in Mwanza, Tanzania; a real answer to prayer for someone who has been in a succession of temporary places for more than a year.
- Stephen and Ginny settling in Albuquerque for the near future.
- Elliott and Becky in St. Louis where Elliott is in seminary for another year and a half and Becky teaches elementary music.
We welcome prayer on behalf of:
- The referendum in Sudan that will take place from January 9th to 14th for more information see this UN website.
- Ellen’s continuing AIM assignment helping AIM parents with their children’s education
- Ellen has also taken on the part time responsibility of writing the AIM US prayer guide
- Bob’s continuing service with ECHO and especially the responsibility of coordinating the effort to open an ECHO East Africa regional office
in the next two years
We deeply appreciate you and and your involvement in our lives and ministry and wish you God’s blessings in the year ahead.
With warm regards,
Bob and Ellen